Hello, dear blog readers! Today I would like to present to you this awesome recipe of a salad/side dish that is named fish under the coat or fish under the fur coat. Let's go ahead and get it started!
You'll need (for one small to medium plate of the salad):
1 can of any fish in the oil (I used sprouts, but sardines work just as well)
2 boiled potatoes
4 boiled medium sized carrots
2 beetroots boiled
2 hard boiled eggs
6-8 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1. Mash the fish on the plate with the fork
2. This step is optional. If you don't like onions, you can skip this step. Grate the onions on smaller grate side and drain the juice out. Mix the grated part of the onion with the fish.
3. Spread 1/2 of the fish on the plate with a thin layer, so it barely covers the bottom.
4. Grate 2 carrots and spread over the fish.
5. Spread 1-2 tbsp of mayonnaise over the carrots.
6. Grate 1 of potatoes and spread over the mayonnaise. Sprinkle some salt (very small amount) on top of potatoes.
7. Cover potatoes with mayonnaise.
8. Grate root beet and spread it on top of the other vegetables.
9. Cover beet with a tbsp of mayonnaise once again.
10. Now go back to the remaining 1/2 of all of your products and repeat steps 3-9.
11. Separate hard boiled egg whites and yolks. Grate on a smaller grater side the egg whites first and sprinkle on top.
12. Now grate the yolks and sprinkle on top of whites. And done!!!
You can decorate it with greens, olives or just serve as it is.
When serving the dish just cut it as you would cut the cake and serve a piece. It is very delicious and lightweight.
Hope this blog post was helpful! Enjoy making this salad and eating it afterwards!