Creative Cut Crease Look: Tarte Cosmetics Review


Hello my beautiful readers! I am back today with another review and pretty look that you could wear to a special occasion. If you follow me on Instagram, you might already know that Tarte Cosmetics were so kind to send me their products for the review. Everything pictured above was selected according to my skin tone/type and preferences, and today I will be reviewing all of them.
These are the very first Tarte products in my makeup collection and I was so excited to receive them! The first thing that caught my attention was packaging: it is so unique, cool and beautiful. I also loved that Tarte products are all natural, vegan friendly and cruelty free. All of their products formulated without parabens, mineral oil, gluten and many other chemicals that are hard to write and pronunciate. I went right into swatching and creating looks. 

I created the following cut crease look with a twist and I added some rhinestones to make it look more glamorous. 


Let's start with the face: 
1. Amazonian Clay BB tinted moisturizer in Light all over the face. 
2. Maracuja creaseless concealer in Fair.
3. Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Blissful.
4. Amazonian Clay Matte waterproof bronzer in Park Ave Princess.

My skin type is dry to normal (gets especially dry when it is cold) and super sensitive. I had acne problem for years and my skin breaks out easily if it dislikes the product. I was sticking into the same foundation routine for 3-4 years, which consists of all Clinique products and also added a Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream a year ago. I loved using BB cream instead of foundation, because it is all in one (primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation) and the coverage is not as heavy as foundation's. So I decided to try Tarte BB cream, that is oil-free and has antioxidant rich formula. I have been using it daily for a week now and I love it! It is lightweight, more sheer than Smashbox BB cream, but can be built up. It gives face a dewiness, that instantly brightens up the face and doesn't make it look oily. My skin did not break out at all and it looks great towards the end of the day as well! So, i would totally recommend this product. 
As for the concealer, it is full coverage, waterproof and lasts all day. It is perfect to combine with BB cream, since BB creams do not have enough coverage to hide some minor blemishes and acne scars. Half pea size of a concealer was enough to cover my dark circles and give a soft highlight to my face. Indeed, it lasts all day and stays put. 
As for the blush and bronzer, I loved the matte formula, easy application and very natural looking result. I really cannot name any shortcomings of the products. 

Let's zoom in the eyes and lips. Here are the close up shots:  



For Lips I used Lip Surgence Lip Tint in Enchanted. 
For Brows: EmphasEYES Waterproof clay shadow/liner in Bronze.
For Eyes: 
1. Clean Slate 360 creaseless 12-hr smoothing eye primer
2. EmphasEYES Waterproof clay shadow/liner in Deep Sage to green cut crease. 
3. EmphasEYES Waterproof clay shadow/liner in Black to line the lashline.
4. Amazonian Clay Matte waterproof bronzer in Park Ave Princess on the crease.
5. Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara.
6. I also used light gold shadow from ELF 100 color palette on the lid, false lashes and rhinestones from craft store.

Clean Slate Primer is colorless, soft, feels velvety and does its job well. It is a shadow primer and under eye base all in one. 
Their EmphasEYES shadow/liners don't dry too fast as many other gel liners and can be easily smudged out to create smokey liner effect. Liners go on smoothly and do not smudge once they are dry. As you see, I also used it to fill in my brows and waterproof them. 
Let's talk about Mascara, shall we? Well, all I can say is "Bye, bye, Dior Show!!" I love this mascara so much, it tops up my list. Makes my lashes look beautiful and stays put all day. Love it and totally recommend it!
Tarte lip surgence is tint+gloss+lip balm all in one. Once applied the color does not wear off fast and lips stay hydrated for hours. It lives in my purse now and I am planning on getting some other colors as well. 

Last product that I'd like to review is Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance Lipstick. Here is a color swatch of the lipstick in Foxy.


The lipstick goes on very smoothly, lasts long, has creamy formula with very rich and vivid color. It does not dry out the lips and feels great!

I rarely liked every product from particular brand. I usually love different products from different brands and my makeup collection is very diverse. However, I really liked all of the products that Tarte Cosmetics had sent me and planning on adding some more of Tarte goodies to my makeup collection. I wonder why I never tried this line before... If you are planning on trying Tarte, go for it. I totally recommend.

Hope my reviews are helpful and useful for all of you. I usually review and recommend those products that I believe are great and work well. Therefore all of my reviews here on the blog are mainly positive, because I don't want to bother writing about something I don't like. 

Until the next post, Stay blessed!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts