First Impression: Motives Cosmetics by Loren Ridinger and Lala + Free Shipping Code


Hello, beauties! It has been so long again since we last talked through this blog. I promise to update more frequently, since i have so much to share with you all! Today, I'd like to start with an awesome story. 
One beautiful sunny Texas day, someone knocked on my door. I opened and saw a postal service with two big boxes waiting for me to sign and accept. I carried heavy boxes into the house, opened them and almost fainted! They were filled with all kinds of makeup goodies! Well, to someone who is so passionate about makeup this was like a dream!! I was shocked, surprised and so excited to see all of the eye shadows, lipsticks, palettes, liners, mascaras, brushes and many many more!
These beautiful products were sent to me from Motives Cosmetics by Loren Ridinger and Lala. I feel so blessed to be able to try out these amazing products and share my thoughts and reviews with you all!
So far, I was not able to try much of the products yet, but i am getting there ;). I will be posting looks and tutorials and reviewing the products in my future posts. 
My first impression of Motives Cosmetics was my amazement at their beautiful packaging. It looks and feels great! Swatching some products, I loved how pigmented shadows were, how soft and silky their lipsticks were and how easy was the application process. So far so good! So I went ahead and tried to create some looks using these products and here are my first looks I came up with. 



Now, let's go through steps and products used to create these looks.


To create this Blue Look:
1. I filled out my brows using Waterproof automatic eyebrow pencil in dark brown and Brow perfecting gel in dark brown.
2. Then I primed my lids using Eye shadow base. 
3. I applied Glamour pigment the lid, defined my crease with eye shadow in Twilight, and applied Onyx shade on the outer V area.
4. Next I applied Eye shadow in Lust Dust on the entire lower lashline by winging it outwards. I also brightened my tear duct area by applying shade in Liquid. 
5. I used Kohl Eyeliner in Angel to color my waterline and winged it out right above the blue wing I made earlier. 
6. Last, but not least, I applied Luxe Precision Eyeliner in Jet Black on my lashline and glued false lashes #109. I also added some mascara in black to blend my natural lashes with falsies. Done!


For this Purple Look:
1. I filled out my brows using Waterproof automatic eyebrow pencil in dark brown and Brow perfecting gel in dark brown.
2. I used Eye shadow base to prime my lids. Then I used light purple from Baked mineral eyeshadow trio in impatient on the center of my  upper and lower lids. 
3. Then I started to create gradient purple accent from the center towards the inner and outer corners of the eyes using dark purple from the baked mineral eyeshadow trio in impatient, as well as eyeshadows in ecstasy and breaking dawn.
4. I used eyeliner in onyx to line my waterline and liquid liner in noir to create winged liner. 
5. Finished off by applying mascara on the lashes and #109 false eyelashes. That's it!

I know many beauty bloggers who would write nice things about the products that they were sent, even if they didn't like them. However, I want this review to be helpful to others, so when you purchase the products, you won't be disappointed. While creating these looks I liked the quality of the products and easy application process. I want to point out on some of the products that I instantly fell in love with. First, Motives Eye Shadow Base - perfect base to make the colors pop. When using the colored shades I always used NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk even after priming the eyes, so that colored shadows would pop. Well, now I have a replacement for it, that would replace two step application of primer and NYX jep. Second, their kohl eyeliners, especially in angel. It feels like butter, goes on very smoothly and doesn't smudge. The next product I loved using is Luxe Precision Eyeliner - it took me less time to create perfect winged liner on my hooded lids and stayed put for couple of hours (well, i could not test it for longer, since it was late and I washed my makeup off). 
Besides creating eye looks, I also tried their face products and liked them all! My skin is very sensitive, therefore not every product works for me. However, my skin did not break out and I am using some of their face products regularly now. One of those products is Motives Color Perfection Quad - this is perfect to contour the face: use lightest color to highlight and darkest to contour the face. The product is very easy to apply and blend, it is also very lightweight. 

Beauties, that's it for today's blog post about my first impressions of Motives Cosmetics Line. If you want to purchase the products you can do so by going to their website: www.motivescosmetics.com (for US and Canada) and global.shop.com (International purchases). Enter code : BEAUTIFYANDCREATIFY and get a FREE shipping!

I will talk to you in my next post. Stay blessed!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts