Breast Cancer Awareness Month - October

Today is Halloween, Last day of October, which was a breast cancer awareness month. I decided to "squeeze" in this post before this month is over, just to mention that awareness should not end with it. It is always smart to get a mammogram done from time to time or self examine continuously, since early detection is key in overcoming this horrible disease in the beginning stages. Self examining is easy and anyone can do it! Set a time in a month, where you can lay down flat and raise your hand above your head and feel the tissue around the breast. If you notice any abnormal sized lumps, it's better to get them checked. Breast tissue itself has some structure, once you start self examining, you'll learn what "normal" looks and feels for you. Once you start noticing any change in skin appearance or the tissue itself, get it checked for the peace of mind. I'm not a medical professional, but I wanted to use this platform to remind you that you body is your temple and it's always good to take care of it. I wish you all to be always healthy. You can always google or ask professionals for further info on this. As for me, I created a makeup art to share with you all. Hope you like it!

Few years ago I was introduced to 1:FaceWatch and ever since I've been supporting their journey in trying to change the world one watch at a time. The cool idea behind these watches is that every watch sold contributes to  charity it represents. In the following photo I'm wearing my stylish pink watch which helps women get their mammogram done. You can choose your own cause and style, or you can even get the watch that supports all causes at once (my husband and I have the matching ones of that as well). Just a note, this post isn't sponsored, I just wanted to share with you all, since I like the feeling of getting something for yourself and contributing to good causes at the same time. There are many cosmetic companies that do the same with their particular products (e.g. Pur cosmetics Glow Together bronzer contribute to Actions against Hunger, and others. By the way I have that bronzer and love it).



I put together a short video for my Youtube channel too, since I filmed the process of creating the makeup look above. Here it is. Hope you enjoy.

 


Comments

Popular Posts