How to Make the Highlighter Pop in Pictures and In Real Life

2016 was a year of glow. Everyone making sure that their glow is seen from the Moon and taking the subtle strobing to the next level. In 2017 this trend does not to seem to fade out, in fact every time I post a photo like the one below, I receive questions about how I make my highlight pop in photos. Today, I decided to talk about it and share all my tips and tricks on how I make my highlight pop in pictures and in real life.


I think highlighters have been such a "hit" products recently, I've bought so many of them already. (Let me know if you want a blog post about my highlighters collection). I remember binge watching all full face using highlighters challenge and deciding to attempt to do one myself, which just ended up as a disaster. However, I took photos and they looked pretty cool, don't you think? 


Anyways, let's get to the business. Of course, you didn't think I'd leave you without a video with demonstration and explanation, when it comes to SUCH an important topic, right? Here you go:


Short recap of the video if you were too lazy to watch it in its entirety:
TO MAKE YOUR HIGHLIGHTER POP:
1. Use a cream base underneath
2. Apply your powder highlighter wet
3. Use smaller and denser brush to apply highlighter
4. Choose more pigmented highlighters that have buttery texture, compared to powdery/chalky formulation and light pigmentation
5. Find the great lighting and the right angle, where the light would hit your highlighter directly.
If none of these tips worked, then there is always post production. You can increase Highlight option in many photo editing apps, or in more advanced apps you can even customize the highlight's brightness. As for the Photoshop, play with dodge tool to bring out the glow and shine. Here is an example of an image where the post production enhancement tools were used:


I hope you guys found this post useful. Comment below your thoughts, questions, requests. Share with your friends and also connect with me on all other social media platforms. I'm very active there. 
I'll talk to you in my next post. Stay blessed, xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts