Vegetable Casserole Recipe


Homemade meals are always more delicious and most important, very healthy. Don't look at cooking as a chore, make it fun! Involve other family members and play games while cooking yumminess. You may have already noticed that I love cooking. For me cooking is one of the ways to use my passion for creativity in the kitchen. Today I want to share with you another creation I recently did in the kitchen - Vegetable Casserole. Let's get started!

For this recipe you can always choose different vegetables that you prefer. I will show you what I used for this meal. So, here are the ingredients: 
4-5 mushrooms
1 medium sized broccoli crown
3-4 leaves of kale (a.k.a. "queen of the greens", it is very beneficial for our body)
1 medium sized onion
1/2 lb of grated/shredded cheese
5-6 medium sized potatoes - mashed. You can boil or bake them, and then mash. Here is the recipe of my version of mashed potatoes. 
Salt and pepper, spices of your choice.


Chop and slice all the vegetables. On the baking dish, take half of the mashed potatoes and cover the bottom of the dish. Put sliced mushrooms on top, then add sliced onions and top it with chopped kale. Add the spices and salt. I used 1 teaspoon of salt, pinch of paprika and pepper. Now take the second half of mashed potatoes and spread it over the vegetables. Then put broccoli pieces on mashed potatoes and sprinkle cheese on top of everything. 


Preheat the oven to 375 F and cook the casserole until cheese is nicely browned (around 40 minutes). That's it! Once the vegetable casserole is ready, cut it and serve. Enjoy this super healthy and delicious meal!!! 


Comments

Popular Posts